IT Outsourcing: Have you considered it?
There are many reasons why a company would consider IT Outsourcing. There are various risks and many rewards associated with this transition.
- Reduce and control operating costs- When you outsource you elimintate costs associated with hiring an employee, such as management oversight, training, health insurance, employee taxes…etc.
- Improve company focus- Having a jack of all trades is not impossible but not very practical. Outsourcing lets you focus on your core compentencies while the IT Outsourcing company focuses on theirs.
- Gain access to collective experience-Your return on investment is so much greater when you outsource information technology to a firm that specializes in the areas you need. Instead of just the knowledge of one person, you benefit from the collective experience of a team of IT professionals. Outsourced IT companies usually require their IT staff to have proper industry training and certifications as well.
- Resources are not available for a fulltime IT Staff- On the flip side, maybe you don’t have anyone in your company who can manage your IT needs, and hiring a new employee is not in the budget. Outsourcing can be a feasible alternative, both for the interim and for the long-term.
- Reduce Risk- keeping up with technology required to run your business is expensive and time consuming. We as professional outsourced IT providers work with mulitple clients and need to keep up on industry best practices. This kind of knowledge is priceless.